Expectant doe acting like buck

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by debrad636, Jan 3, 2009.

1. debrad636

debrad636 New Member

:help2
    Hi all,

I have a FF that is due 9th or 12th of Jan. She has been blubbering, like a buck and mounting an older doe, who is due around the 15th. She doesn't bother any other doe. I have 2 others in the same pen. One is just bred on xmas, the other is due the 24th. This queer doe is confirmed pregnant by Bio-Tracking, has started getting a small bag, and also, today, her vulva?, looks twice as swollen as it was yesterday. She has been tormenting this older doe for about 3 days. Not near as bad as today. Today I penned the older doe in another pen. She seemed relieved.
    Could it be her hormones are way outa wack. She eats fine.
    Also, I brought my buck up to this pen when I bred the open doe, He wasn't the least bit interested in this queer one
    What do you think?

Thanks Deb

2. KingsCoGoatGuy

KingsCoGoatGuy New Member

I have an idea, but will let someone who has dealt with this before weight in first. ;)

3. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

More than likely it is her hormones going insane, she will be fine.

4. debrad636

debrad636 New Member

I sure hope you are right! Poor thing. Guess we have all had raging hormones at some time. :sigh
    Thanks Deb

5. I agree, it is probably her hormones. I noticed when Delilah got closer she kinda went insane. Lol

6. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Goat's hormones can get whacky when they are pregnant. My goats have sometimes behaved that way when they are approaching their due date. Right now, I've got two does who have been head butting today. They grew up together and are now bred for the first time. I think their hormones have got them vying for position in the herd. Kathie

7. debrad636

debrad636 New Member

Thanks for the reassurance.
    Deb

8. Leo

Leo New Member

Hi,
    I have a doe like that, in her final month of pregnancy, she would blubber and mount only one particular doe. She kidded this week with a doeling and buck. Since she's kidded, she's stopped blubbering/mounting. :D
    Megan

9. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

My herd queen will probably start this any day now : ) she's due in two weeks.