Ever do a show at a state park?

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Kalne, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Trying to decide what shows to attend this year. I found one at a state park, just a bit off the main highway. They have a beautiful lodge with a restaurant that draws a lot of people and they're having a special cookout that weekend. It's a 2.5 day show for $90 so the fee sounds reasonable. But I figure it will cost me about $65 in gas to attend. What do you think? It's the end of Oct. so I shouldn't have to worry about freezing weather or snow and ice. Seems lots of people use the parks that time of year to see all the fall colors (I know we used to). BUT here in NE I think there's an entrance fee just to get into the park. That could be a drawback. I'm going to call them today and check on that.

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Kathy don't be too sure of no snow. Last two times I tried to move back there was snow for holloween :)

3. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Oh Sondra!!! I know it is *possible*. I will not commit to anything past Thanksgiving for sure. Last year the last show (and what we thought would be our biggest show) there was a huge ice storm. We could barely get there ourselves. It was awful! We were fortunate to make a little more than our booth fee. Many vendors didn't even make the fee. :/