Etsy Problem - Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by jimandpj, Dec 3, 2008.

1. jimandpj

jimandpj New Member

I got my first etsy sale today! :biggrin

But I'm having a bit of trouble that I can't figure out. Etsy tallied the total correctly. Etsy said they paypal'd me the correct amount. But they only paypal'd me the cost of the soap - the shipping was not included in the actual paypal amount.

I can't figure out what's going on. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

PJ
    www.goatmilkstuff.etsy.com

2. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Hmmm, your listing includes shipping so I'm assuming the etsy invoice included it, right? The only thing I can think of is that if the buyer altered the total somehow. I don't know. But I would email the buyer and just tell them that there was an error in the invoice and that you'll be sending a separate invoice for the shipping.

Congrats on your first order, and a nice one at that!

3. jimandpj

jimandpj New Member

Thanks! It was very exciting - my daughter saw it first and came running to tell me. :)

I already got it straightened out with the buyer. Then I spent an hour going over everything making sure it was all correct and got another sale and it did the same thing!

So I emailed etsy b/c I really think it has to be a mistake on their end. Etsy is giving the correct total, but not sending the shipping over to paypal for some strange reason. Hopefully we'll be able to figure it out soon.

But if anyone else knows what I'm doing wrong - please let me know!

PJ

4. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Cool, two orders in a row! I clicked on your blog link and I love that pic of your dc in the tub! So cute! I have 10 dc and they do all the chores too. :)

5. jimandpj

jimandpj New Member

Yes - I met a lady at a fair we did this weekend - apparently she told two friends! :)

I couldn't believe it when I saw the amount of bubbles they put in that bath tub. But they worked hard, they earned it!

Ahhhh, 10 children, so that's why you're up so late - isn't it so nice and QUIET? I love it.
    But I need to get to bed or I will not be able to function tomorrow.

PJ

6. jimandpj

jimandpj New Member

OK - here's the fix (in case anyone else ever has this problem):

Then, be sure to enable transaction-based override:

1. Log in to your account at http://www.paypal.com/.
    2. Go to My Account > Profile > Shipping calculations (in the
    Selling Preferences column)
    3. Select the Shipping Method and click Edit
    4. Select Yes for "Use the shipping fee in the transaction instead
    of my calculator's settings" and press Save Changes.

Let's hope it works - now I just need another sale so I can find out! :)

PJ