entice to eat?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by chewie, Nov 10, 2008.

1. chewie

chewie New Member

ok, i had that old grain that i thought was icky, so i went and bought new grain. oooh, so pretty and clean it is! looks like if i cooked it up, i might just serve it to my own family! so i was all excited to feed it to the gals...only they dont' like it??? its 'cleaned oats and corn'. is there some way to entice them to eat it? the obers. chow down like mad, but the nub jr. and saanens eat a few nibbles then look at me like 'where's my food?' i do add boss; and calf manna this time too--so i thought to not add those things to see. nope, still looking at me wishing they had something to eat. :tearhair any way to entice these ninnies to eat up?? the ober., who i had about dried up, has been giving a tad more, nothing to brag at but yet more than she was. i've smelled the grain, smells very good. (the old stuff was musty smelling and grey looking) so i'm going to keep milking the little ober but now about getting the others to eat? i only have this one saanen for milk right now, and surely wish she'd eat! she is slowing giving less, which i thought would improve with better grain. argh! any advice?

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

just the new on the milk stand and no where else , give it a few days. they may just change their minds.

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I give mine no choice. I have asthma so rancid or mold would be detected, but passed that, you get what you are served :) Vicki

4. chewie

chewie New Member

as is right now, there is nothing else i could give them anyhow! its a dry mix of corn/oats/boss, what else could they want?? the grain is nice colored, very little dust (if any) and fresh. geesh!