Easy Twins

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by goatmom, Mar 4, 2008.

1. goatmom

goatmom New Member

On Sunday - Our other LM due on Wed, Simonnee - kidded -fast labor-maybe 45 min start to finish -2 nice sized bucks and surprise - color!! This is Sim's 4th kidding and she has always twinned with white/cream babies. This year we got a dark blond and a painted chocolate and white -so of course I knew when I saw them they had to be bucks!!!

I am so thankful that both these does kidded early even though I wasn't ready. This was going to be the weekend to finish another kidding pen and get the milk area cleaned good and etc, etc - all the undone etcs!!!

Here in NW AR, Sat and Sun were perfect weather - 70 degrees on Sun -perfect kidding weather - but of course then the storm came Sun night -got so much water -Mon morn I woke up to a flooded barn -took part of the day off to dig trench out and muck - then of course last night it snowed!!!! Really happy those kids came early!!!!!

2. Nancy

Nancy New Member

Congrats. At least she kidded while it was still nice. Ours are waiting until today with the blowing snow and ice.

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Congratulations!!

4. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

5. Melissa

Melissa New Member

sorry they weren't does' but at least they're healthy. too bad about your barn. so far we've got about 5" of snow out our front door. try and stay dry and warm till spring!

-Melissa

6. Terry

Terry New Member