easy small lambar added more pictures and instructions

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by lovenmranch, Feb 25, 2008.

1. lovenmranch

lovenmranch New Member

2. Melissa

Melissa New Member

Re: easy small lambar

VERY good idea, but how do you keep the kids from tipping it over? do you just stand there and hold it? I'll be using this idea if I only have a few doelings. thanks!

-Melissa

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Yep sorry we have to use photo bucket for now.
    like your idea for a small bucket.

4. Pairaka

Pairaka New Member

I like that idea. Could you go into some details as to how you made it, please?

Thanks! :D

-- Wendy

5. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

Now I know what to do with all those Folgers containers I've been collecting!!

6. CGFarm

CGFarm New Member

Ours is on a larger scale, but we took those clear lock tight totes and put 5 nipples on each side and built a "stand" around the totes. We can feed 20 kids at a time provided i get everyone "trained" to the lambar.LOL
    I love them as they are clear and the kids can't knock the lids off, but i can get them off easily.
    We start "training" on the little lock lid totes so the kids don't have to work so hard to get the hang of it.
    i LOVE the coffee can idea tho, those would work well for us to "train" on.
    Denise

7. pettigrewfarms

pettigrewfarms New Member

Thanks I will try this one

8. lovenmranch

lovenmranch New Member

9. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

What a neat idea!!! Now if I could figure out how to attach it to the side of my 'tater' boxes.. I'd have it made. (we use grocery store cardboard patatoe boxes for indoor baby box)
    I have some of those new Maxwell House coffee containers that has the handle clean through it.. I wonder if those would attach better.. through the handle.
    This is such a good idea... thanks for all the pictures to make it come together in my head.

I have recently made lambars from oblong laundry detergent buckets. They hang by the handel, which is metal, on the kid pen and there's no going inside the kid pen..except for baby sugars!!

10. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Melissa I like your kid pen set up too is that a little dog kennel type thing?

11. Pairaka

Pairaka New Member

Thank you for the picture! I'm going to keep the instructions for making one of these in case we end up with bottle babies. :)

-- Wendy

12. pettigrewfarms

pettigrewfarms New Member

I also like the baby pen ( a pool never would of thought of that)

13. donna

donna Member

What a wonderful idea! I have printed the instructions out and placed in my "goat" book! Thank you!

14. lovenmranch

lovenmranch New Member

Yes its a pool with an exercise pen around it : ) I used it when I raised puppies, that is the smallest pool I have ( I use it for singles) but they make pretty large ones that work great : ), easy clean up : )

Melissa

15. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

I tried this easy little lambar.. and I must say.. it is wonderful. Specially with the kids inside and you want to transition to a large lambar.

:handclap Thanks for this info and pictures!!! It'll be something I use for years to come!!!
    I can't wait to try it at shows!!!