Due doe acting like buck???

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Sheryl, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

I have a second freshener, half alpine, half nubian, excellent milker, who is due soon. By my calender, she is due around the 26th. I noticed yesterday she was showing a "little pink", very smooshy poofy vulva, ligament nil. Today I go to let the girls out to pasture, she won't quit butting heads and acting bucky with an old maid doe I have. I mean bucky! biting her neck, tongue out, making buckie noises, front leg out stiff/straight like the bucks do when they are after a doe in season. If it weren't for the fact that she's kidded before, and she has a nice lovely udder, I'd think she was a buck!

I've had them act a little bucky before, when they are in season, but not like this! I am assuming that the testrone levels are very high in her right now. Does this mean anything?

Have you ever experienced this? I've had goat off and on sice my daughter was 10 and she's 26 now, but I have never had a prego doe act bucky like this!

What's your thoughts?

Sheryl

2. Truly

Truly New Member

Well Sheryl, here's my thoughts.... hmmmmmm :nooo :/

That doesn't help, but I hope someone can answer this for both of us.

3. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

:rofl omg Truly.... :rofl you're cracking me up.

Sheryl

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

yep I have one do to kid anytime and she is a mess.

5. Jennie

Jennie Guest

I had a Nubian doe act that way before she kidded. She was even mounting the does that came that were in season and weighting to be bread. She ended up having to buck kids. So, I know its not a good thought but maybe its due to carry buck kids and thats why they act so bucky. Please don't shoot me for this thought. :crazy

6. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

I had a boer doe kid that did that. She was in the pen with another bred doe and she kept trying to ride her and making the buck noises. Even after she kidded she has done it a couple of times.

7. Ashley

Ashley New Member

Did she have bucks??

8. Ashley

Ashley New Member

I have a doe that could be due, but we think she aborted (had a lot of blood a couple weeks ago) but she has been mounting the does, and man is she grouchy!

9. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

Oh Jeannie! :nooo I called my daughter out to the pen and told her to watch. I have had them act a little bucky before when they were in, but not before they were due to kid. Daughter and I both groaned and said oh no, she's gonna have bucks!. So I guess they'll be withers cause she's experimental. Don't need no bucks outta that combo.

So heck, took the fun otta waiting for those babies. I'll be surprised if she has anyting but bucks. She acted that way towards another doe, and then she came at my leg, and I was like nuh uh.

:/

Sheryl

10. Jennie

Jennie Guest

Well we will hope it was all just a theory and that your doe will blow that out of the water when she has all does. :biggrin It will be fun to see what she has. Let us know. Hey if it makes you feel better I been wrong a million times before. :crazy

11. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

:rofl If they are does, I'll have to DNA them cause I put her in a pen with a new young buck. He got her, I put her back in the doe pen, then two or three days later my older buck broke out of his pen....so I dont know if the babies are fro m the first buck who I saw breed her, or from the one that broke out! :sigh But we are still hoping for does! :crazy these goats will make you crazy!

Sheryl

12. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Man I hope your theory is all BUNK and not BUCK !! I want does does does out of mine. She is my best milker and I WANT DOES

13. Sunny Daze

Sunny Daze New Member

One of my does was acting like that a week or two before she was due. She is the one who ALWAYS mounts the other does when in heat. She was very obviously pregnant. She kidded last week with 2 does and a buck...so not all hope is lost!!

14. Thinking on what you're saying, it makes sense because some pregger women are that way. I also have a doe that last year like to ride the unbred doe...hasn't done it yet this year. Our other doeling(almost a year) that hasn't been bred is the one trying to be a buck. Gets kinda funny when you see the Goat Conga line going by. Estrus doe, doeling, wither, hey. Estrus doe,doeling,wither HEY! :rofl
    If my doe who is bred has doelings I'll let you all know-she isn't due til end of March

15. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

Nope, she had 2 does (one is my house doeling with the broken leg)