dragging back legs

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by tntacres, Mar 8, 2010.

1. tntacres

tntacres New Member

any suggestions on what to do for dragging the back legs??? gave Bose and B complex and nutri drench first dayand vit e tabs everyday since she is three days old. She gets up and follows her mom and is nursing, but back legs are so weak!!!!! help Please

2. prairie nights

prairie nights New Member

Trina, good to see you posting, sorry about the kid. It sounds like mineral defficiency. You could give the BoSe daily.

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

B vitamins are meaningless and another shot they don't need, on an infant, they arn't ruminating so B vitmains aren't important. Give her the E daily, give her bo-se daily. If you don't have much of this going on in your kid crop than it likely is an injury, did mom step on her, lay on her? Is her tummy warm and full? Milk mom and make sure she actually has milk. Vicki

4. goatkid

goatkid New Member

This sounds alot like what I was seeing in one of my friend's Boer cross doelings. I gave her a BoSe shot and vitamin E. I also held her and worked with her back legs. It took a few days, but she eventually began gaining strength and is now walking and playing like her brother.

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Yes just keep up the BoSE and E and hope it isn't an injury