Dairy Goat Info Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Babette is bred! Just got the results via telephone and then an email that she is indeed bred! Thank you Kaye!

Lutelyse, uterine flush, CIDR, PG600, Cysterellon... Vicki

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I'm lurking here and see your post. Would hate for you to Happy Dance alone so here I go : HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE! :crazy :crazy :crazy

·
1,197 Posts
Congratulations, Vicki!!!! I too, just got a call on 5 that I was wondering about - they are all bred. The Alpine that I AI'd was the best news of the day!!!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
:woohoo :woohoo Congrats!!! See, all you had to do was threaten to autopsy her if she was not bred to see what was going on!!! :rofl Here's hoping for doelings!!! :woohoo :woohoo

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Huckleberry did us this way in 2006 and didn't kid. I treated her that fall with a uterine flush with sterile water and biomycin and biomycin shots for 2 weeks too. She cycled and she was bred at the end of breeding season and gave birth to a single doe kid in June. This year, she bred on her first heat that I detected and looks to be carrying more than a single this year. She did not recycle again.

Congratulations on your success! It is a good feeling.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You doing a happy dance!?! I bet Babbette is doing a happy dance right about now....... :crazy

I was terrified to scroll down to see the results when you emailed me. I've NEVER scrolled so slowly down an email!

Apparently the word "sausage" makes a big difference.......

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone! You know goatkid I never even put two and two together before? Will have to ask Marylou! vicki

1 - 20 of 22 Posts