Dog Shampoo????

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Heavenly Angels, Jul 25, 2008.

1. HI! I was wondering if any one has a good liquid dog shampoo & conditioner recipe or would know where I might get one. I am going to make a pet bar soap but my vet said today he thinks a liquid shampoo & a conditioner would sell better. Thanks ahead of time! :help2 :D

Mary Lou

2. Spicer Creek Goats

Spicer Creek Goats New Member

I would be interested in any replies to this also. My daughter works for a vet and she said the same thing-that people would buy the liquid shampoo over bar soap. Anybody?? Thanks, Julie

3. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

using any liquid soap recipe, just add the right eo's to the mix
    they are
    Cedar
    pennyroyal
    Cedarwood
    lemon
    lavender
    peppermint

equal amounts of these, not making it too strong will repel fleas and other insects...
    Barbara

4. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

Barbara, what about Citronella and Tea Tree for dogs? Would it help with fleas and ticks? I have had dog shampoo requests but just haven't had time to make it yet and was thinking of using those EO's with cedarwood and maybe lavender.

Christy

5. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Yes, also Citronella and t-tree are great also for repelling fleas and other external creatures... forgot aboutthose.. T-tree helps with any skin problems too...
    Barbara

6. Spicer Creek Goats

Spicer Creek Goats New Member

Barb & Christy, Thanks for the ifo. Julie

7. Barb that long list do you just pick and choose from it right? Not use all at ounce.

Mary Lou

8. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

I think it is best to just pick three or four that smell good together.

Christy

9. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

I make a "puppy poo" BAR for my own dogs and I've put bars on my table at festivals and they've sold reasonable well. I use Tea Tree, and oatmeal..and ACV. A lard based recipe and it lathers like crazy! I'm going to continue to make a bar..because thats what I like. Next batch will be soap on a rope for easier handling.

10. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

They sell bone shaped soap molds, they look really cute on the wooden soap dishes. Vicki