Does Sage Dry Goats Up?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Liberty Alpines, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Liberty Alpines

Liberty Alpines New Member

I've heard that it does, and I've also heard that it makes more milk! Anybody know which it is? :?

2. Tricia

Tricia New Member

I've heard, too, that sage helps with dry off. Parsley as well.

3. Qvrfullmidwife

Qvrfullmidwife New Member

sage will dry women up, so probably

4. goatmom

goatmom New Member

I've read that parsley is supposed to be good for udder edema -last summer we had a break out and the girls headed straight to my small herb garden where they promptly sheared off the parsley (curly style) and the chives but didn't touch anything else, including sage -but of course I think they smelled that brand new rose bush I planted -poor thing was pruned too much!!!

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Modern herbalists recommend sage externally for wounds and insect bits, as a gargle for bleeding gums, sore throat, laryngitis, tonsillitis, and in infusion to reduce perspiration, terminate milk production, and treat dizziness, depression, minstral irregularity and intestinal upsets.

Parsley and Women's health Both the apiol and myristicin are uterine stimulants, in the U.S.S.R. a preparation called Supetin, which contains 85 percent parsley juice, is used to stimulate uterine contractions during labor. Pregnant women may eat culinary amounts of parsley, but they should not take medicinal preparations, except at term and under the supervision of a physician to help induce labor. Diuretics help relieve the bloaed feeling caused by premenstrual fluid buildup. Women bothered by PMS might want to try some parsley during their premenstrual days. used as a poltice for inflamed teats