Does needs help

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Ravens Haven, May 29, 2008.

1. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

14 month old MM started acting off yesterday, took temp 106, gave her banamine, poop was dry and pellets, when temp went down she started cudding and ate some hay and alfalfa pellets, drinking fine. Late last night temp started creeping back up and she started shaking some, gave her Penicillin, vitamin b, probios, this morning temp is back up to 105 and still shaking.

Thanks for any help,
    Autumn

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Is she in milk or pg?? since your using pen need to use it every 12 hrs. normally you start off with ever 6 hr and then go to 12 for 7 to 10 days keep the bananmine up every 12 hrs

3. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Nope not pregnant or in milk.

4. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Last time I saw her poop was around 3 yesterday and I sat with her until 9 last nite. Is it ok to give her an enema?

Autumn

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

OK sounds to me either listerosis or polio If she were mine I would be treating for both make sure she is hydrated enough Nope enema won't hurt but if she isn't eating good and ruminating she won't poop anyway.
    Anything she has gotten into ??? different feed /different hay moldy hay LOOK at everything. Have you listened to her lungs? maybe shaking is from just the high temp I don't know but I throw the book at them regardless. if a respitory infection then you need stronger drugs like Kaye says Naxel or Nuflor. PM KAYE or Vicki so they look at this. Autumn did you have any new goats or shows around this goat?

6. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

Believe it or not....warm weather and stress are leading contributors to pneumonia. That's one thing I would be looking at seriously and Penn-G is not going to do a thing for that.
    Kaye

7. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Thank you.. I made a promise to put mastitis on my Pen bottle. We are changing to Maxim 200.

Autumn

8. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

I have some nuflor over here if you need it quickly. I think it took us about 1hr 15 min to come from your place the other day. I should be at home, but call me first if you head this way to get it.

Hope she gets better.

Whim

9. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Think probably it is pneumonia