does anyone know how to GOOD rebatched soap?

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Becky-DixieDoesAlpines, Mar 8, 2008.

1. I have a few bars that are , um, less than desirable and I want to try rebatching them but my few attempts have also resulted in less than desirable soap. Any tried and true techniques?
    Becky

2. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

If they are just ugly then chop or grate them up and put them in almond soap like Vicki does. I've adopted that one and it is great!

The only other way I have done it is to grate them up and melt them in the crockpot. they are still ugly though, but nice soap!

So if you are trying not to be ugly, definetely go with the chunks!

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I think to get a pretty rebatch you should just bite the bullet and use more oils and liquids, sure the cure time will be longer, but you then end up a with a pourable soap, so you can get pretty soap that you could even swirl in the pot and pour. Trying to heat up rebatch with nothing added means you are trying to smash mash potatoes into your mold and it's just plain ugly.

I do love the shred soap also but just how much of it do you need? Vicki

5. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

I've added the missing oils in a lye heavy batch before and it has been ok. But when I have added more H2O or milk in a few months the bars are really shrunken and warped. Maybe too much liquids?

Bethany

6. THese bars seemed to separate. I don't know why as I separated the batch and used various sents and most came out fine but two scents the soap is a bit softer and oilier on top and hard on the bottom. It was at a good trace and scents I've used before so I don't know why. :(
    Becku