Does anybody mind...

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by MiddleRiver, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Giving me their phone number to have on hand for kidding and other emergencys ? Kidding starts for me soon ( Jan 20th, Feb 18th, March 31st and April 18th due dates ) and i don't have access to internet at home - only at work, so say i get in a pickle ( or DH does as he is on kid watch while i'm at work ) i'd feel better being able to call somebody, but not just for kidding - for other emergencys/questions as well when i'm at home.

I had one kid born here last spring, and have read up on it, plus i've birthed a few other species as well including dogs, cats, horses and cows and am very comfortable with it. But for some reason my goats can just really unsettle me at times LOL !

So if anybody doesn't mind, i sure would be greatful. Thanks !

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Yes but don't you dare call early in the morning, use someone else from 1am until 10am :) I am a night owl, not an early morning person! And as soon as you feel the urge that you think you need to call someone, call right then, don't wait and call the next day! I don't start kidding until March. I have Tim's, Kayes, Sondra's, Sara's, Chris's numbers also if they don't share with you :) LOL!!!!! 281-592-3039

3. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I'll volunteer to take the early morning shift. I'm up at 4:00AM most days. :crazy 320-763-9399

Sara

4. UnRuli Acres

UnRuli Acres New Member

LOL.......I called Vicki in the early morning (5 am) once.........only once! :crazy

5. Carolyn

Carolyn New Member

Hey, thanks. We have had good luck so far, nothing we haven't been able to handle or have found in the posts. Goat people are the best!! Carolyn

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

817 270 8528
    perferably not late at night :biggrin Vicki is the night owl

7. Ashley

Ashley New Member

Y'all mind if I copy these down too?

8. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

It's fine with me Ashley.

Sara

9. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

My numbers are on my website. Sometimes I'm outside (imagine that) so if I don't answer straight away leave a message.

10. goatmom

goatmom New Member

This is so generous of all of you!! I just love this site!

for you first timers -check and see if your phone works in the barn - I found out last year during one kidding that cell phone gets no service at all inside the barn - house phone works fine.

11. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Yes anyone can take my ph if I am outside it is transfered to my cell or DH cell if DH answers leave your number and will call you right back.

12. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:rofl Since Vicki's going to give it anyway...
    Home-501-384-5594
    cell- 501-626-1372
    BTW...this is not 911...I don't handle hysteria very well. Take a long drink or prozac! :lol
    My daughter is the 911 dispatch...unbelieveable at the calls she tell me about!

Both have caller ID...but I won't answer either if they say private or unavailable...I don't call telemarketers back!
    No babies till Feb 9, and chores are 6-8 am/pm. LOL...like Vicki, I am not a happy camper between 1:00am and 6:00am ! :really

:rofl I'm also good at AI over the phone or delivering kids! One doe looks just like another...

13. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Well jeeze, you are all so great !!!

Ok, so i got the hours to call and NOT to call right next to your numbers - i'm a bear in the morning too, so don't worry Vicki and Kaye - i'll respect that ! Sara - i'll be calling you if it's early am ! LOL

Kaye, no worries on a crazy freaked out lunitic calling you ( well, unless it's the hubby - lol )i'm good at keeping calm, i've had horses my whole life pretty much :+) However, another thing, i've talked with my vet, and we may be trying AI next year, so you may get calls for help on that too :+)

Well hopefully kidding just goes well and i don't need to call anyone :+) Thanks again you all are awsome ! I feel 100% confident now that i have back up ! lol

14. donna

donna Member

I hope it's alright with ya'll, but I copied these numbers down, also. I promise not to bother anybody, unless absolutely necessary!

15. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:rofl Good then you don't freak!
    Kaye

16. DostThouHaveMilk

DostThouHaveMilk New Member

It is so wonderful to have knowledgeable people a call away.
    I hate phones with a passion and I'm one who probably waits too long to call sometimes.

Be sure to thank the person you call after they help you out! It isn't easy. I've been the person who has been called with cow questions and it is not easy to figure things out over the phone!

Vicki and Lisa, thanks again for the help you've given me when I have called!

17. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Yep, after dealing with the things horses can come up with or get themselves into you learn to keep calm - not too much phases me anymore, i just want to make sure i am doing things right - so if i get in a pickle and don't know what to do, i'll be calling :+)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.