Doeling question (PIC ADDED)

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Ravens Haven, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Hi all,

I have a 1 week old doeling that has an udder worse than most that I have seen to the point that I touched it today adn milk came out of the teats both of them. Is this bad and what can I do about it?

Thanks
    Autumn

[​IMG]

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Re: Doeling question

Nothing. I would clean the end of the teats with alcohol and I would put white glue on the end of them...and don't touch them again. With the orifice open she is ripe for mastitis. It's completely normal, it is only abnormal if she has only one side develope. vicki

3. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

:yeahthat

:rofl Unless you are so short of milk you want to train a week old doeling to the milkstand. JUST KIDDING!!!!
    Kaye

4. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Yep I have pic I will have to post it. She has an udder...

I will glue her shut. Thanks

5. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

Leave it alone. It WILL go down when she's cleared of hormones.

Cute...though.
    Kaye

6. Truly

Truly New Member

well I never....

that is something else.

7. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

:rofl Well Autumn....that's awful ambitious of you keeping that a close check at only a week old. I'm almost scared to look under there at teat length until mine are 2 or 3 months old. (crossed fingers, and holding my breath).
    Somebody posted on here a while back with the same situation....and I heard the same advice given to them also.

Whim

8. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

WIth her you don't have to look under as she was walking away you can see an udder filling that escutheon, it is something else.

Thanks for all the advice, we don't plan to mess with her, we put glue on her and now we wait.

Autumn

9. birdiegirl

birdiegirl Member

Wow. I've never seen that before. What causes this to happen- I know, hormones, but how exactly?

10. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

Hormones from mom, still in the system. Human babies have the same type of thing. For the record...I had 2 or 3 doelings out of 8 that had udders, not all that big but similar. They were gone by 4-6 weeks or so.