Dairy Goat Info Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 8 year old Nubian doe. She has had her 3 kidding this year. This kidding we had to induce her because she went off her feed a couple days before kidding. She ended up having two healthy twins a buckling and a doe. I decided to keep the doe. Anyway, we weaned her kids and her to our pasture because she still wasn't eating and had lost a lot of weight. She wouldn't even sniff her grain. Once she got to the pasture she finally started eating but her hair started to fall out. She went bald on her shoulders and neck. It ended up growing back but after she lost all that weight and her hair I am skeptical of breeding her again for her 2023 kidding which will only be her 4th kidding. Do you think it would be a good idea to breed her back or just retire her?

·
Super Moderator
125 Posts
so I’m not really sure if I can give u terrible much advice. If she is healthy rite now and her body is in good condition I wud say you could go ahead and breed her again. Maybe start giving her probiotics once daily. different feed maybe could help too.. b complex can assist in goats that are off feed too. Do u feed her minerals?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so I’m not really sure if I can give u terrible much advice. If she is healthy rite now and her body is in good condition I wud say you could go ahead and breed her again. Maybe start giving her probiotics once daily. different feed maybe could help too.. b complex can assist in goats that are off feed too. Do u feed her minerals?
Yes we make sure they all have plenty of minerals and we give selenium and Vitamin AD before kidding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts