Doe kidded~problems

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Ravens Haven, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Hello,

Well I have a doe that was due on April 27th no other due date at all. Well I have a show this weekend and no one would have been at home so I luted her well 24 hours later we have twin bucks on the ground no problems with the delivery at all, well...I now have two DEAD kids that apparently are about 10-15 days early from what the internet says about fetal development. They were fully formed, hair all over nice thick hair, very little hair on ears and testicles, eyes sealed shut, and your could see little teeth buds. I cannot believe this has happened, and i did it. I do not have a nubian buck so I had to drive her to him and these were beautiful Purebred nubian babies., I am stumped. Since she is apparently 2-3 weeks early if I milk her three times a day will she come on into milk on her due date.

Thanks
    Autumn

2. susie

susie New Member

Autumn-
    Gosh how terrible :( so sorry this happened.
    I would think with the milking 3x a day she'll come into milk.

Susie

3. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Wow. That is confusing. So sorry that happened. Don't feel bad. Who knew?

4. Good Goats

Good Goats New Member

Wow, I'm sorry Autumn.

5. pokyone42

pokyone42 New Member

I am very sorry about your losses.........:(

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I think it will all depend on the doe I had one abort that I milked 3 times a day and the most she ever gave was maybe a tea cup finnally I dried her up after her due date. But had one deliver early 15 days two bucks the babies died but she is full of milk sooo????

7. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

You can also use oxytocin to help this along...1/4 cc about 15 minutes or so before milking each time. You can't do it forever, but it has helped me before. Lots of massage to stimulate her own natural oxytocin.

This is an awful story I am glad you shared, and hope everyone reads, it is simply a warning that lute is only for due dates that are confirmed, no other contact period with a buck. If you aren't sure don't use it because it will evacuate the contents of the uterus, kids ready or not, and it happens every year. We all have learned this lesson, hopefully new folks can learn from you. Vicki