Dairy Goat Info Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I just thought I would let you all know that the pregnant doe that was sort of sick about a month ago kidded last night to one huge, 10 lb buckling! Everyone is OK now, but she had some issues getting him out and needed help. . . all we could see were giant front feet, but no head. My mom was able to pull him out though - she went in a little past her wrist. Pictures to come soon, hopefully.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats! He is huuuge!!! He looks like he's a couple weeks old already. No wonder Mom needed some help.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, Melissa, that's what I said when I ONLY saw a foot coming. . . "that foot is huge!" :D

Thanks! I never really thought I'd have a 10 lb baby!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
um, is that his Dam? He looks half grown, I've had 11 lb kids Out of Saanens, but a mini?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NO, that's not his dam. That is his half sister that was born last May. His dam is way bigger. And he's not a mini - he's a Boer/Nubian (sire is Boer, dam is Nubian).

Thanks all. . . have been BUSY!
Suriyah

G

·
Demi John was 10lbs when he was born, towered over the other newborns his age at fair. At 10 months he weighs 130lbs...very big baby. Your guy is soooooo cute.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds just like our little guy. . . he's so much bigger than the rest of the kids :).

Thanks!
Suriyah

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts