Doe in Heat?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by mamatomany, Sep 4, 2008.

1. mamatomany

mamatomany New Member

I have a buck rag that stinks to high heaven and I opened it to see their reaction. One was stickin her nose in the jar and waggin her tail like crazy. Slightly swollen vulva, no discharge or anything, what do you think? I'm very new at this and I do not have a buck on site at this time. She weighs in at 97 lbs. can she handle a full sized buck? I wonder if a little guy would be better for her. I plan on purchasing one and staggering the breeding a bit, but just trying to track things.

2. chewie

chewie New Member

i feel for you! i am also struggling with this first breeding season (for me), but i would think your doe is getting insterested since she was wagging her tail so much. its just my guess, but you probably should've gotten a buck picked out by now. i am new too, and having troubles with seeing if i am getting heats or not. i am happy to have a buck on the place, i try him every day. i thought he was a dud and was then surprised to see him finally showing real bucky tendancies. its not as easy as just tossing the buck in, getting a breeding, then calling it done!