Do you use cloths?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by homeacremom, Mar 20, 2008.

1. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

Do you use cloths for udder washing/drying? If yes, what cleansers do you launder with? run a load everyday? Do you put them into a soak until laundered?

2. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

I only use white wash cloths (cheeepies from Wallyworld) at the beginning. When they freshen, I like to use a warm water wash with essential oils and I'll do that for about 3 days or until I start putting milk up for our use. And yes, they go into the laundry. I will rinse them out and then let them dry flat until I do laundry so I don't have a bunch of wet stuff laying around getting stinky. That and I have a special drawer in the kitchen that I store them in too.

3. LynninTX

LynninTX New Member

:lol I use the cheapie white walmart cloths (I use lots of cloths... colors vary by job) for my goats...

We wash a white load daily... but we use basically NO disposable products...

I have a front loader with a sanitary cycle (extra hot).

I use Bi-O-Kleen laundry liquid & peroxide in my white load

4. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

I do virtually the same as stacy : ) I do use Udder wash from the farm store.

5. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

I use to use the cow wash cloths from TSC....would soak in bleach water and run through the laundry with regular cycle/detergent. I switched to paper towels or udder wipes because of the convenience factor, but cloths do work well and are less wasteful.