Do I have a Free Martin

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by MRFBarbara, Dec 4, 2007.

1. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

I have a young doeling approximately 1 1/2 yrs old, did not breed her last year but wanted to this year.. All other doelings her age were coming into heat cycles regularly, and she was not.. Thought at first that she was having silent heats, upped her Bo-se
    No heats, finally gave her 2 ccs of lute to see if it would bring her into a heat cycle, NO Go with that..
    Tried the other day to insert my finger into her Vagina and it will only go in about 3/4 of an inch and I hit what feels like a cervix, but still no heats and should her vagina be that shallow???? She was one of quads and all three of the others were males..
    Like some other opinions please, she still does not have heat cycles.. I honestly believe she is a free martin, Darn had her sold, not now..

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

um sounds like it would have a vet check her out for sure

3. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Sounds like it to me too ...with her being a 4 out of 3 males it is surely possible...sorry...

4. goatmom

goatmom New Member

Hey Barbara I'm the one with the thread a few weeks ago on the LM yrling that wouldn't cycle -took her to the vet since I didn't trust my own judgment - same thing-about 1.5 inches hit a wall. I don't know about ND's as far as length of canal. Are her teats smaller than normal? Our doe is 1 from trips, the other two being male. So sorry if this is the case with yours.