Do EO's & FO's go bad?

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by nitrors4, Dec 9, 2008.

1. nitrors4

nitrors4 Guest

Just wondering if EO's & FO's have an expiration date?

I am trying to decide if I should stock up and if so, how long can I hold onto a scent before it goes bad (if it does) :/

Michelle

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I have always heard that FO's loose their effictiveness after 1 year. Now I have used scent that is older than this with no problem, but when I purchase I purchase enough for about 6 months, ordering twice a year, then just here and there when there is an excellent coop. Mid January I start soaping alot to get ahead for Valentines, easter and Mothers Day which are too close and around kidding times, plus I try to use up all my scents that I have purchased just to try. Like everything the best scent prices and sales are always after the first of the year and always right before christmas when it's really to close to Christmas to get much done.

Most Eo's improve over time.

How did your christmas sale go? I take it with you purchasing scent it went really well!!! Vicki

3. nitrors4

nitrors4 Guest

The sale was a GREAT success! I had a lot of fun! I have already filled a few orders and feel I may be getting more before Christmas...Thanks for the info Vicki!

Michelle