discharge

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by baileybunch, Feb 26, 2008.

1. baileybunch

baileybunch New Member

Okay. Maybe I'm reading too much! And now I don't know if it's okay or not okay and should I worry and should I treat! :/

I have two yearling Alpine does, bred to the same buck, kidding in 14 days. They have had discharge ever since coming back from the breeder. You know...the little bit, smeared under the tail or the hanging "glob" of "goop". One seems to have an opaque, cream colored "glob" hanging all the time. She especially concerns me as her "goop" seems to be different from the other's.

My three year old second freshener does not have any discharge. She was milked until 50 days ago and will kid in 14 days, bred to a different buck. She coughs too.

Since coming back from visiting the buck, they have had a cough that I have been unable to get rid of...otherwise known as the "cough & toot". I figured all of the pressure from coughing was causing all the goop.

As for the cough, I've tried everything (treated for lungworm, gave one a round of Excenel, Vit C, Vit B, Vit E). Afraid to be too aggressive during pregnancy. Hoping to clear it up after freshening.

I look forward to hearing some good advice! Thanks!

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Susie these if they were mine would be on tetracycline crumbles Tera-bac or something until the kid out. As for your goop not sure what to say here I have some that goop during their normal what would be cycle and have some that start goopy a month prior to freshening.

3. baileybunch

baileybunch New Member

Since they are now about 14 days to kidding can I treat them with Biomycin? I'm not really wanting to find and use a feed-through. I was hoping for more feedback. More goopy lately as kidding time approaches. But noticed goopy-ness, tail smears throughout their pregnancies.