Day 152...

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by trnubian, Mar 19, 2008.

1. trnubian

trnubian New Member

She popped...lol

Vi kidded today with one enormous buckling (who needed help getting here) and a large doeling.

Here they are. :)

The doe is on the left and the buck is on the right. The doe is Versache and we haven't named the buck yet...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Chaty

Chaty New Member

:biggrin Nice babies and CONGRATS....

3. Terry

Terry Member

They're cute. Congrats.

4. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

hm,, what's the breeding on the little white dude??

5. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

I just love when they are new and pure white reminds me a freshly fallen snow {which I have had enough of }

Cute babies .

Patty

6. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Oh, so cute! I just love new babies!
    Theresa

7. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Hey Laura!

Congrats on the new babies! They are HUGE! Didn't I read somewhere that these are out of a Cherry Glen Alpine buck?

8. trnubian

trnubian New Member

Thank you guys! :D

Yep, they are sired by a Chery-Glen Alpine buck as we didn't have any saanens around us close last fall.

They look like little saanens. Although the girl has a tiny bit of skim pigmentation around her nostrils...

9. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

hmmn, Are you keeping the doe?? and what does the Udder look like on Mom?? Sounds like I'm making purchase enquiry's lol! Just curious, are you happy so far? I'm still tickled with my ff saanen girl out of vincent and bonnie I think she may have an Udder to go with her body.

10. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

Very cute. That little doeling should make an awsome milker.

11. trnubian

trnubian New Member

Yeah we are keeping the doe. :) She is sooooo cute and looks like she will be nice she is nice and long reminds me of her mom when she was itty bitty. She's all hair right now though...;)

I will try and get an udder picture of Vi tomorrow night. I am very happy with her udder. I'ts well attatched, globular and just plain pretty. Her teats are kinda small but they are getting bigger fast. She is also milking close to 5 lb. of milk a day right now. LOL First freshening yearling 24 hours fresh.

Yep the little doe should make a very nice milker...:)