Dairy Goat Info Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had something odd happen this morning. We had a doe give birth to two kids that where not full developed. They took a few breaths and passed away. This was a new die that we purchased ( rescue) and had know idea she was pregnant. Never had that happen before.

· Super Moderator
138 Posts
I had something odd happen this morning. We had a doe give birth to two kids that where not full developed. They took a few breaths and passed away. This was a new die that we purchased ( rescue) and had know idea she was pregnant. Never had that happen before.
ok. hmm. there is a possible chance she could’ve miscarried?? that actually could be a very high chance has I see tht u said u rescued her. did she come from another farm with goats or was she by herself?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We purchased her from a gentleman that wanted to sale off what he had. I would not call him a breeder or a farmer. These goats were in bad shape and only ate crack corn and what ever weeds they could fined. so I call them a rescue. We keep them separate from the rest of the herd for now ...just in case.

· Super Moderator
138 Posts
That is good u are keeping them from the rest of the herd, very good choice. I just realized u said they lived for a bit and then passed away. so def not miscarriage then. A pregnant goat has to be fed properly for her kids to develop rightly and also to give them muscle etc etc. So I’m thinking it was probably her eating diet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts