Dairy or Meat, What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by tmfinley, Mar 21, 2008.

1. tmfinley

tmfinley Member

I was at the feed store today and a lady renting a U-Haul (yes, they do that too) asked if anyone was interested in some free goats, a doe and a wether. She had been evicted and had nowhere to take them. She said they were meat goats, I asked Boer, Spanish or what? She didn't know. I went to look at them and they looked pretty rough, matted hair, a bit skinny, eating a box off cereal. They were super friendly though... I couldn't just leave them like that... They look more like my Nubians than my Boer or Spanish goats. What do you think? They are in quarantine right now, who knows whats wrong with them. I just noticed the doe has blood on her vulva, I hope I didn't bit off more than I can chew.
    I don't know how to get my pictures small enough to post here, but if you could look at my blog and check out their pics there I would appreciate it.
    The address is www.rockingrabbitranch.blogspot.com.

Thank you,
    Tiffany

2. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

My guess would be boer nubian cross

3. Truly

Truly New Member

Boer Nubian was my guess too.

4. andiplus5

andiplus5 New Member

I have a beautiful boer/nubian cross yearling doe that looks like those. She is white with a pale brown color on her head and neck, but she is built like yours. So my vote is for boer/nubian!
    Andi in OK

5. susie

susie New Member

I vote boer/Nubian too!

Susie

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

same here, be sure and worm them and cocci treat give CD/T series and quantine for at least 30 days or more.

7. Dawn

Dawn New Member

Yep thats my vote too! I think they look like a bore/Nubian cross... The doe will give you RICH creamy milk. :lol

Emily

8. buckrun

buckrun New Member

Tiff~
    I know this is off topic but when I went to your blog I could not help but be excited by your new rabbit housing. We have wanted to do that for a long time but never managed the time it takes to get it all put together. Please let us know how it goes with the does having litters in this situation. Do you not have possum and raccoon? Can they not climb into there? I went to your profile to see if you had an email address posted but since you did not I had to write about this here- even tho it is not goaty stuff!
    Will be looking forward to an update on that!
    Lee

9. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Lee on your left under the avatars is email pm and websites if they have one.

10. buckrun

buckrun New Member

gosh thanks - guess i need to look around!
    Thank you
    L

11. Sondra

Sondra New Member