You know how to AI or have a friend that does? Also, with the uterine flushes I give Naxcel SQ for 5 days or Bio-mycin (oxytetracycline).
If she came into heat this morning, she should be ready at about 15-20 hrs. to be flushed. I use a 30cc syringe (luer slip) and a continental sheath with the split cut out of the top. The syringe will slip inside the sheath with a nice seal. No need for rubber tubing.
Well......due to vehicle trouble :mad, we missed our chance to flush her. Ok, run it by me again please?? How soon after the onset of heat symptoms, should we try to flush?? And would it matter if she had been covered by a buck, or should I pull him out of the doe pen??
Definately pull her away from the buck. That's not working and with the flush, you're not going to get a conception on this heat anyway.
Have Joan go ahead and try to get the flush in. Sometimes you can lodge the sheath (by the way, load the sheath on the gun as it helps make it ridged, then IF you get into the uterus, hold the sheath tighly and remove the gun) in the first ring and slowly infuse her... the meds should flow through the cervical rings into the uterus. A partial insertion is better than no insertion. You still need to try this heat because it's getting late in the season. Some does will still have enough opening to get in sucessfully at 24-30 hrs. from onset of heat.