Dairy Goat Info Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
They do not list a milk withdrawl, but if using the pour on I would give it atleast 48 hours for that horrid carrier (diesel fuel?). Much nicer is the oral drench, clear, no odor; but more expensive and you use 1cc per 11 lbs, still well worth it. I don't think you need to discard milk, but some people give it 24 hours just to be safe.

Think about this with that nasty purple stuff--it is designed to penetrate the hides of cattle, do you want your dairy goat to ingest that? Before the oral drench came out, I used it and hated it, and so did the goats. They spit it, they coughed it, they splattered it every where. I wore it, I inhaled it, and I ingested it! $70+ a quart is a bargain for something that doesn't stink, doesn't make me sick, doesn't stain my clothes, and some of my goats actually like!

G

·
Funny, most of my goats love the taste of the Cydectin Pour-On. :) They suck it right down!

Nope, you won't convince me to use the sheep stuff. The pour-on used orally works great with no side effects and not to mention it is way cheaper.

Why mess with success?

Sara

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
Same here, don't think many checked it out as much as I did. "Let the others kill their goats with this, I wasn't using it". But you can't fault it now, it works. Mine also don't mind it, nothing like giving Ivermectin. Vicki

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mind suck it down fine too.....ivermectin was a different story though, they hated that stuff!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Used Cydectin today on two goats...both did well. I think they didn't like being restrained since I was giving shots also. But I didn't wear or get a taste of cydectin today! :)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Oh and a question, if I give the cydectin or ivermectin to the milkers can I still use the milk for my two calves?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Do you repeat the worming in 14 days?

Thanks,

Jolene

1 - 14 of 14 Posts