cydectin

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by kathy, Aug 2, 2008.

1. kathy

kathy New Member

how much do I give per lb.?

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Cydectin Pour-On for Cattle 1cc per 22# orally.

Sara

3. kathy

kathy New Member

thank you very much

4. kathy

kathy New Member

what is the milk withdrawal?

5. goatershubby

goatershubby Guest

They do not list a milk withdrawl, but if using the pour on I would give it atleast 48 hours for that horrid carrier (diesel fuel?). Much nicer is the oral drench, clear, no odor; but more expensive and you use 1cc per 11 lbs, still well worth it. I don't think you need to discard milk, but some people give it 24 hours just to be safe.

Think about this with that nasty purple stuff--it is designed to penetrate the hides of cattle, do you want your dairy goat to ingest that? Before the oral drench came out, I used it and hated it, and so did the goats. They spit it, they coughed it, they splattered it every where. I wore it, I inhaled it, and I ingested it! $70+ a quart is a bargain for something that doesn't stink, doesn't make me sick, doesn't stain my clothes, and some of my goats actually like!

6. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Funny, most of my goats love the taste of the Cydectin Pour-On. :) They suck it right down!

Nope, you won't convince me to use the sheep stuff. The pour-on used orally works great with no side effects and not to mention it is way cheaper.

Why mess with success?

Sara

7. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Same here, don't think many checked it out as much as I did. "Let the others kill their goats with this, I wasn't using it". But you can't fault it now, it works. Mine also don't mind it, nothing like giving Ivermectin. Vicki

8. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Mind suck it down fine too.....ivermectin was a different story though, they hated that stuff!

9. Used Cydectin today on two goats...both did well. I think they didn't like being restrained since I was giving shots also. But I didn't wear or get a taste of cydectin today! :)

10. Oh and a question, if I give the cydectin or ivermectin to the milkers can I still use the milk for my two calves?

11. old dominion

old dominion New Member

Do you repeat the worming in 14 days?

Thanks,

Jolene

12. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

I don't with Cydectin. I do when I'm worming with Ivomec + for liverfluke.
    Kaye