Cydectin question

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by StephanieEM, Jul 11, 2008.

1. StephanieEM

StephanieEM Guest

Okay, I tried this once and I'm going to try again. Sorry if there is a double post.

Hello!
    I purchased Cydectin pour on from Jeffers to worm my goats. The directions say for external use only. My question is did I buy the right product. It is Cydectin moxidectin. I just want to make sure I don't kill the goats when all I'm trying to do is worm them. Any advice would be appreciated. :help2

Thanks in advance,
    Stephanie Moore

2. coso

coso Guest

Yes you bought the right thing. We just use it orally on the goats at 1cc/25 lbs. :biggrin

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Hi Stephanie. Yes this is the right product. Did you read the "from brith to kidding" paper I gave you? It is also in goatkeeping 101. This gives you a really good start with all this. Nothing you are going to use on the goats is going to state it on the label, except vaccinations.

1cc per 22 pounds, Dove is in the 185 pound range, Mica 175...next time you order buy a weight tape. So you would give Dove 9cc by mouth and give Mica 8cc.

Glad you found the forum! Welcome. Vicki

4. StephanieEM

StephanieEM Guest

Hi Vicki,

Yes, I read it. I just wanted to make certain it was the right thing before I wormed them. We used a different product when we had goats before. Actually, I got the print out 'Management from birth till kidding' taped on my office wall. :biggrin This will probably be the first on many slightly ridiculous questions I will ask. :blush2
    Oh, I have the weight tape, and I believe that Mica has gained weight and Dove has lost. Dove is a worrier. For the first two weeks we had her, she was constantly on the look out for 'buggers'. She and our redbone also didn't care for one another...but they are getting along much better now...especially since we put him in the house.

Thanks!

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

We used a different product when we had goats before.

Oh you might just want to forget how we used to raise goats :) :)

Weird that Dove would care about a redbone, they are soo close to what the ridgebacks look like and it was Mica that hated Merlot my girl, Dove could care less. Maybe because he is a boy, all of the girls hate Baliey as they should :) Vicki