Curing time and OPing

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by DostThouHaveMilk, Jan 21, 2008.

1. DostThouHaveMilk

DostThouHaveMilk New Member

Turns out dad's girlfriend lives near a Target where they still have plenty of heart shaped molds! Yay! She told her daughter-in-law (they went and got a marriage license...lol) to pick up all they had. What I don't buy from her she will be offering online. So if anyone else is interested she should have some extras available. :D

I am going to be getting them late, however, for this Valentinie's Day. So I was wondering if the smaller soaps had a shorter cure time than 3 weeks? Or if the ice cube molds can be Oven Processed, like the MM?

Thanks!

2. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

Seems the cure time would be less, because of less mass. But I really have no idea.

I would not OP as who knows if the silicone can be put in the oven as it was designed for freezer use.

Bethany

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

would be worth a try to op since you have an abundance of molds.

4. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

The Wilton silicone molds that I have are oven safe to 500 degrees. Check the package of the Target molds, perhaps they are oven safe as well.

Sara

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

has nothing on the tag of these molds not even if it is dishwasher safe

6. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

Wilton molds are made for baking - these for freezing that's why I think this wouldn't be a good idea...

Bethany

7. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Yes, the small heart silicone molds are made for ice. However, most (if not all) silicone is heat safe to a very high temperature.

Personally, I don't think you will gain anything by OPing the small heart molds.

Sara

8. Sondra

Sondra New Member

The are the exact same material in the ice cube ones as in the muffin ones so should be ok to OP

9. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

:shrug I OP'd them.. worked great. Mind you the temp was not to hot.. setting on warm.. less than 150 for a while.. then popped them in in a cookie sheet. Turned out real nice. I now have them on my table in a soap dish as sample soap. (I had some 'batter' left for a soap batch.. figured what the hey)
    Rett