Cucumber Melon Soap

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Lafingkid, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Lafingkid

Lafingkid New Member

I was looking at someones web page and noticed that they have pureed cucumber in that particular soap. I have a garden overrun with cucumbers (now some of them are zucchini/cucumber cause they cross polinated). Can I puree them and freeze them? What amount would you add to the Walmart recipe? I would at least freeze it in that quantity.

Anyone want to recommend where to get that particular scent :D

Thanks in advance,
    Lisa

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

That is exactly what I do Lisa. I just start zapping cucumbers through the food processor and put 16 ounces for each 7 pound batch of soap, skin and all. I freeze them flat and just zap it in the microwave, add to the soap pot after I have the lye/water and butters and oils together, and let the stickblender chop it all in. I have been cheating recently and adding about a tablespoon of comfrey for more green flecks that stay green and a touch of green mica, put just the smallest amount which gives me a green cast to the soap that doesn't fade.

Cucumber melon is cucumber melon, I always see what Susan has first for her $10 per pound...right now I have about 8 pounds of Steph's Melon Ball left that I got cheap in her sell out. There are some scents that you just get cheap because there isn't a nickles worth of difference in the finished soap, then there are those scents you HAVE to have from so and so only :) Vicki

3. Lafingkid

Lafingkid New Member

I can finally get rid of (freeze) those cucumbers without feeling guilty by letting them rot. I was making pickles, but I reached my limit on those and the ones we just pulled were to big to do anything with except pray they weren't bitter.

Lisa