Dairy Goat Info Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-
I am interested in trying my hand at separating my goat milk this year and was wondering if there are any suggestions as to which brand I should be looking into?

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I enthusiastically second that! I love my Slavic Beauty cream separator. I can make ice cream, butter, and cream cheese all 100% goat's milk. It has a lot of parts to clean and put together, but if you watch the YouTube videos, it's not hard and I think totally worth it.

I tried getting cream by letting the milk sit for several days and skimming it off the top. But I was never able to get enough butterfat in the skimmed portion to make whipped cream or butter from and I ended up wasting a lot. I was also concerned about freshness using that method. The Slavic Beauty works best on milk that is still warm from the udder. Can't get fresher than that!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I enthusiastically second that! I love my Slavic Beauty cream separator. I can make ice cream, butter, and cream cheese all 100% goat's milk. It has a lot of parts to clean and put together, but if you watch the YouTube videos, it's not hard and I think totally worth it.

I tried getting cream by letting the milk sit for several days and skimming it off the top. But I was never able to get enough butterfat in the skimmed portion to make whipped cream or butter from and I ended up wasting a lot. I was also concerned about freshness using that method. The Slavic Beauty works best on milk that is still warm from the udder. Can't get fresher than that!
thank you for your post! slavicBeauty is a great unit and saves so much time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts