cream separator recommendations?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Rence, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Rence

Rence New Member

I recently bought the Novo Cream Separator and have had no end of trouble with it from putting the pieces together (they warped and no longer fit without a wrestling match) and milk squirting out from the back of the separator. The vendor told me that I have to fiddle around with some screws and settings, but I'm finding nothing works and I'm just using it on cow's milk right now. I'd hate to waste any milk, let alone goat's milk.

Does anyone have a separator that they love? Any recommendations? I was looking at the one from Hoegger Goat Supply. Does anyone have any experience with it?

-Rence

2. Chaty

Chaty New Member

I got 1 that is a manual separator and I got it from www.allivet.com and it was only I think $369.00 I didnt want 1 that was electric. Some do , I use mine for cows milk also. Dont know if this is the 1 you have or not. Good lcuk maybe try e-bay too and find them cheaper there.

3. Karen Bailey

Karen Bailey New Member

I love using my electric cream separator from Hoeggers! Expensive, but it has given me no problems in the 6 years I've been using it, and I do use it a lot during the spring and summer.

4. susie

susie New Member

Mine's an old Domo brand-- got it off ebay-- it's electric and I like it alot.

Susie