cream kidded

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Jennie, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Jennie

Jennie Guest

So, I thought I would post about a happy ending. We had a rough start to the yr. DH grandfater decided to unload his garded in out goat pens while we weren't home. You know, goats can eat anything. Our Boers were breed a month earlier then the dairy girls and some of the stuff that he gave affected the babies development. So, out of 4 kids we lost two and of course they were does. The next trama came a couple of weeks ago. I had gone to do evening chores and found one of our best does dead. She had been gret earlier in the day. We don't have any kids out of her. She one grand champion dairy goat at our fair last yr.

So, with all of this going on I was a little nervose with the girls getting close to kidding. Not knowing if I was going to have to face the same problem with that the boers had or if just the 1 1/2 month difference in breeding dates would save us. Well, on Mon. morning at 3 Cream a third freshing 4 yr old had 4 beautiful and healthy kids. She delivered all of them in about 10 min. To top it all off they are full of color and there are 3 does and 1 buck. :biggrin These are the first kids out of our buck. I'm excited to seee the rest.

Thanks for letting me share this little victory with you. I was really ready for some goldfish.

And a big thank you to Camille and Kaye for the help and support. :biggrin

The biggest one with the white belly band is the buck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

Oh, that is wonderful news! And they are gorgeous! Glad things are looking up. Seems lots of problems for many of us this year. Great looking kids!

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

:wow Flashy kids really beautiful!! Congratulations

4. susie

susie New Member

ADORABLE!! So cute!
    I know how you feel- i'm so cautious not to get my hopes up-- this year has been rough. Did have a healthy calf born Sunday a nice vigorous little black bull.

Susie

5. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

What beautiful kids Jennie, that white one near the buckling in the second pic reminds me of my Dancer. Congratulations, and it is good to hear some happy news.

6. Truly

Truly New Member

I love those spots!! :woohoo

What a happy story. Congratulations.

7. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Congratulations. They are really cute babies. I especially loke the spotted one. Kathie

8. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

You are right Jennie - those are Flashy kids!

And no one is happier than I am that everything turned out so well. Whew!

Camille

9. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

I'm hoping for you to have many more happy times... (AND does!) :biggrin Congrats! They couldn't be cuter!

-Kim

10. KUrby

KUrby New Member

Congrats! They look adorable. Even the spots! :biggrin
    K

11. Ashley

Ashley New Member

Oh what beauties!

12. Nancy

Nancy New Member

cute and colorful

13. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

Oh those are some really cute kids. Congrats on all turning out well. I love the gray one with the black markings on her.

14. Jennie

Jennie Guest

Thanks guys! Cream does a good job with the spots. Out of 3 kiddings and 3 different bucks she has throne spots. This is her second grey spotted kid. I need to get a shot of the grey does face, it is just beautiful, full of colors.

To make things even better, Cream at just one day fresh milked 1/2 gallon this am. Who says Nubian's can't milk. :biggrin

Thanks again guys.

15. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Congrats on the happy ending. I had a doe kid born just like that little white spotted one, she has grey and chocolate spots all over, weird.

Autumn

16. Terry

Terry New Member

Cute kids, congrats.

17. Leo

Leo New Member

Awww! They are so cute and flashy. It's good to see some happy endings.
    Megan