Couple questions.

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Gunnie, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Gunnie

Gunnie Member

I was asked to do a craft show on the 12th I am running low on some of my soaps and if I make more and OP them will I be able to sell them by then? (Thats if I make them within the next couple of nights) Ive never done it before so any tips?

Another I thought I read somewhere that the bars of soap can also be used for shampoo is that true? Or is there a special shampoo and conditioner bar recipe?

TIA :)

Oh what about this idea (if Im crazy just say so) I cure my soap in a closet on shelves and I used to run the dehumidifier untill it took a crap what do you think about putting one of those small heaters on its lowest setting (the ones that you use for like the bathroom the electric ones) We have one that we dont use but it has a temp setting where it turns off when it reaches the temp you set you think that would help push curing along?

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I use them for shampoo but liquid would be nice. and yes if you oven process 150 degrees for 2 hrs and then leave in overnight they are ready to use in the morning.

3. MysticHollowGoats

MysticHollowGoats New Member

Hoping someone has some experience with this, I am curious about it too.

4. FourMileFarm

FourMileFarm New Member

Oven process for 2 hrs at 150*... if you are doing that to goat milk soap, wouldnt it turn it tan or brown?
    Can you only do that with cp soap that does NOT have milk in it? :help2

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I only do OP and I only use goats milk nope doesn't turn it brown. used a hair dryer a couple weeks ago in my oven to warm the oven up as I had no propane and that worked also :)

6. FourMileFarm

FourMileFarm New Member

Thanks Sondra - what types of molds are safe to use in the oven? Wooden or silicone only? or has anyone tried something else?

7. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

I've done the martha molds and also some of those hard plastic utensil trays.