Could she be pregnant?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Tallabred, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Tallabred

Tallabred New Member

I bought Claire a month ago. I have only bred horses and as they get more pregnant the veins on their bellies enlarge - I have noticed that on Claire.
    [​IMG]

The lady I got her from kept all of her goats together. The buck had already been sold so he was not there when I saw the does so I did not think about them being exposed. She had twins on March 27th. I was told that she was a FF. She is getting wider and her milk production seems to be going down - these pictures where taken right after she had been milked. What do you think? :???

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

I doubt she is bred. If she is a FF it makes sense that her veins are getting larger as she gets farther into her lactation. Besides, it is pretty rare for a standard size doe to come in heat in the spring unless manipulated. It's also typical for them to get wider as they get older.

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Most does have a heat only after 8 weeks bred, and it's really unlikely she would come into heat naturally in May. We have the info for sending blood into bio tracking it's like $7 or so and they are never wrong. Follow the directions exactly and make sure you have owned her passed the 35 or 45 days...sorry not in the going to kid mode :) Vicki