copper boluse questions

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Good Goats, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Good Goats

Good Goats New Member

I posted this the other day, but I cannot find the post... I even searched for it... anyway :/

I have a few questions for those of you that copper boluse,
    - how often do you copper boluse?
    - how do you figure out how much each goat should get of a 12.5 gram (for calves) or 25 gram (for adult cattle) boluse?
    - and how do you separate and repack the boluses?

Thanks!

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Have you done a liver biopsy on any goats in your herd?

I am assuming you have not read through Saanendoah or you wouldn't be asking these very basic questions. :)

http://www.saanendoah.com/copper1.html

Also, this topic has been discussed extensively on this forum. Do a search using the Search feature at the top left of the page.

Copper bolusing is serious stuff. Do your homework and testing before bolusing your animals.

Sara

3. Good Goats

Good Goats New Member

Thanks Sara! I searched the forum, cause I didn't want to do a repost, but I couldn't find any threads on it. The only thing that came up was something that Tim wrote on caring for bucks, and he mentioned copper bolusing in there.

4. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Yes, sometimes that happens. The search feature on the left works much better than the box on the right. :)

Sara

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

If you read everything on the saanendoah site that Sara posted you will even know how to fill your capsules , what size you need, how much to give per lb.