contest Idea for my farmers market booth.

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by SherrieC, Oct 2, 2008.

1. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

I had thought about this last spring having a contest, to quess how many babie goats would be born on my farm in 2008, but for two reason's ended up not,
    # 1 births were spread feb-june,
    # 2 I chickened out.
    We all as a group just think that we are the norm, and we are. Other people always think we are so cool, I've been called a "Proverbs 31 woman" Laura Ingalls, and always get asked if I homeschool. Anyhow, Right now I've added a contest to my booth and website, to kind of incorporate the customer into whats going on. :biggrin
    This coming spring all my babie goat s will be born Jan - March, so I guess I'll run that contest as well.
    And I'm thinking of starting a farm dairy on the web page, for people to read the day to day what goes on. I'm not sure If I'ld keep it up, or if it would be tooo grafic though. I quess try and see, and edit the bad stuff ; ) none of that "hey lets see if this will heal on its own"
    It's kind of like people start thinking of their farmers, as "Their Farmers, and Their Farms" I think they like to touch base and I've even had some offer opinions, and advise on things. lol!
    Anyhow something to think about for your farm booth, or table or web page : )

2. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I've been wanting to start a blog. But I am not a writer. I admire those quaint blogs that give you a peek at people's everyday doings. I'm just too busy to get it started right now. :/

3. Little Moon

Little Moon New Member

I am (very slowly) building my web page/site and also wanted a blog of the day to day happenings in our quest for the farm. We are still trying to get to the farm. Let us know how you go about doing it. I love the idea of the contest, and the interaction you are trying to stimulate. You could also do how many will she have - how many boys, how many girls - colors - wattles etc. You could really have a lot of fun with this. Good luck & keep us posted.

4. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

""Contented goats give special milk; it's mostly cream and smooth as silk ""
    Anne that is Soooo Cute!!!
    Sherrie