Congested udder

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by pettigrewfarms, Feb 8, 2008.

1. pettigrewfarms

pettigrewfarms New Member

I have a doe with a congested udder(???) so I thank I have someone coming over tomorrow to look at her. She has what looks like normal milk and the udder is not fever hot. the left side of her udder is hard and she does not wont me to feel of it. I did hot towels and massage. also peppermint oil. any help ??? will be grate.

Thanks Deana

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

um think I remember you can use dex to help with the congestion pm Kaye

3. LMonty

LMonty New Member

I'm a bit confused- can you get udder congestion thats only one sided? I would have thought that indicated mastitis or some kind of milk duct obstruction rather than edema.

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Also congestion is not painful. It actually feels good for your to massage it. Now if she is jumpy on her teats that is normal, but not the udder unless she is just not used to being milked.

Agree with Laura, this isn't congestion.
    Have you tested her for CAE? Can you get any milk at all out to test it at LSU? vicki

5. pettigrewfarms

pettigrewfarms New Member

I have not tested her for CAE yet it is on my list of thing to do. Got to get Rett up here to help with the blood thing. The udder is not as hard today but do have a dairy man coming over to look at her. She not use to being milked. Thanks

Deana