coloring GM soap w/micas

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Sheryl, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

Okay you mica queens, since I am not an experienced soap maker and just starting out, I request some info if you know it.

I want to make a GM. I need a true green, a pinkish red and a black. Does anyone know what mica's I can use to get these colors. Since GM discolors somewhat and I know certain micas change color after putting in the soap. :help If anyone has these answers please let me know. I need your help :shrug2

Thanks

Sheryl

2. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I am NOT very experienced with this. Just wanted to throw out that what works with one scent may not work the same with the next as the FO can also discolor your soap. Sometimes you can find out from where you purchased the FO whether or not it will discolor.

I have only used a few ultramarines and pink clay. But I'm looking to expand so will be interested in what others have to say.

3. Beverrlly

Beverrlly New Member

I would be careful using black...I've never used it personally so I can't say for sure but I would be worried about staining washclothes and such. I suppose you could make a small test batch to be sure.

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Sara is under the weather right now, she knows alot about micas and uses them in GM soap. I have used black via an oxide, and you do have to be careful with too much. For myself it was prettier to simply use my dead sea mud to get dark dark grey then just a pinch of the black oxide. vicki