color mica's

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Sheryl, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

Has anyone ever ordered from tkb trading? I was looking at some mica's. Are they any good for CP soap?

Sheryl

2. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

That is where the ladies on the Whisk just finished a coop from. So I am supposing they are ok for cp soap.

Autumn

3. Happytailzfarm

Happytailzfarm New Member

Can I ask what who is the Whisk and TkB?
    Aletha

4. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I swear once I finish off using the powders I have I am going to buy liquid. I want more consistency in my coloring attempts. I measure the powders with those tiny scoops or measuring teaspoons depending on my batch size but still the results vary more than I'd like.

5. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

Be wary of liquid colors. I have had the least consistent results with them. I pretty much only use them for bath bombs now.

TKB - www.tkbtrading.com I hear their mica's are the best!

whisk - www.the-whisk.com it's a soaping forum.

Carrie runs her co-ops on www.craftserver.com forum as well

6. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Ack! Don't say that Bethany! Here I thought that would solve my problem. Hmmm. :/

7. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

I will say that I have HEARD that select shades and peacock colors work fairly well, but I haven't wanted to go there with my bad experiences with lab color and true tone colors. My experience has been that they morph or disappear in the hot gel of GM CP. I wish you could have seen my pink soap that was just pink around the very outside edges and pure white through the rest!

Mica's are iffy too as they are just FD&C as well, but I have better luck with them. The very best are oxides and ultramarines I think. I have a blue UM that actually gives me purple though, but I don't mind since I was looking for a good purple anyway!