Co-Ral dust and pasturizer

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Halo-M Nubians, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

Okay, so your all thinking I'm wacked with that thread title..but I thought I ask two questions at once.

I got some co-ral dust for the goats..they have some symptoms of mites. I can't double check it cause the light on my microscope is broken, and its an oldie so I'll have to retro-fit something. Anyway, all the warning on the can are scaring me,would anyone mind telling me how they use it. Do you just dust down their spine and rub it in or?? it says to limit it to 1 oz per animal and I don't want to OD them.

Question #2: I found my safguard pasturizer (single function) Its been lost in storage for years. Could anyone job my memory on how to use it :blush

Thanks!

2. Karen Bailey

Karen Bailey New Member

Question #2 Fill pail with milk, place cover lid on pail, place in pasteurizer, lock down lid with the funny shaped wire thingy, fill the space between the pail and the outer jacket with water using the intake hose, cover with lid, plug in until the buzzer sounds, pull the plug, (check temp), run cool water in with the intake hose while draining water out via the outlet hose. That's all there is to it!

3. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

Question #1- Just dust them down the spine.. on the heads, under the tummy and don't forget the tail. My Coral has a shaker top so just sprinkle it on. If the hair is long.. you may have to rub it in to get to the skin.
    An ounce of dust is a lot.. so don't worry. Coral is safe for dairy use so I wouldn't be to concerned.
    Just make them look like big ole powdered doe nuts. ;)

Rett