CMPK

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Ravens Haven, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Is MFO solution anything like CMPK? I have 3 bottles of this and NO CMPK...where do I get inj. CMPK>

Thanks
    Autumn

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Yes it is similar
    inj CMPK is an RX item from your vet.

3. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

Yes, it's the same and used for the same problems that CMPK is.
    Uhh...I got my injectable CMPK through a breeding farm buy-out. I *think* it's a Vet Rx., not sure on that...but mine has the dispensing vet's lable on them.
    Kaye

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

And you want to use the injectable when your goat is in a crisis...the oral is fine for profilactic use and prevention...like a doe isn't cleaning, she didn't eat her morning meal when heavy bred and not due but is showing no other hypocalcemia sypmtoms...you have her back to normal and kidded with the injectable, and want to give it orally to her until the bottle is gone to make sure she doesn't go into milk fever. Vicki

5. country697

country697 New Member

I really hate to ask a lame question...but what is CMPK? I see it talked about a lot but I'm not sure what it is. By the way this is a great site, very informative. Vicki

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Calcium/magensium/phos comes in gel which you don't want burns thier throats bad unless you mix it way down with something. also comes in liquid but the best is injectable via a vet.

7. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Welcome to the forum Vicki! Vicki :)