Dairy Goat Info Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cookie, my mini oberhasli is 15 days fresh. Her production is great. Her FAMACHA score is really good…nice a dark. She was dewormed after kidding…and we are in the midst of dealing with, yes, gasp, I admitted to mites. She had large twin doelings, but otherwise it was smooth sailing…and this has been a year for kiddings from 😫🥴.

i really think her poop is clumpy due to eating so much. When I grained my former big dairy girls they could get clumpy poop from more grain.

as of now I’m only feeding her a 16% pellet and alfalfa pellet and our own mixed grasses hay. It’s not the best quality, as we are newer at hating….however the goats eat it like crazy…(I’ve seen goats not want certain hay..this stuff they like)

tonight I’m going to give her some probiotics and electrolytes….I hate to throw more meds at her…I can possibly get pictures of her poop too…

I’ve had goats for 9 years, dairy….yes, I see clumpy poop here and there….(all tested and all clean). I’m sure I’m over-thinking…but, honestly, I always do

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cydectin pour on has worked really well for me in the past with mites. Is your grass lush? Spring grass can cause the clumps, especially that transition from winter hay/feed to all that spring growth. Also, how long has it been going on? And the consistency of said clumps? Personally, I'd worry if it goes on for more than a couple days or week and/or changes consistency to more watery rather than firming up. A fecal test couldn't hurt to alleviate fears/worry, too.

Other than that, I'd say it's better to worry than not as that's how you catch problems before they become big issues. Your being a good steward. ^_^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts