clipping bucks for show

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Whitney, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Whitney

Whitney Member

How do you clip bucks for show? Is it the same as does (all over body clip w/ tuft on end of tail?).

Do you leave the beard or not?

Thanks!

2. ecftoggs

ecftoggs New Member

Whitney,
    It is an all over body clip leaving the tail like the does, except we leave the head from the poll and jaw line unclipped including the beard.
    Tim

3. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

Hhhhmmm...I'm not sure on Nubians. But with the Swiss breeds...we leave the beard just like Tim explained.
    I don't even clip beards on baby bucks. I LOVE a long, flowing beard on my Togg, Saanen, and Obie.
    Kaye

4. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Would you clip their ears then or leave them too ?

Would i clip the same way for showing a young buckling ?

5. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

The inside of the ears are shaved, I use surgical blade, the outside is done with a 10.
    Kaye

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Alot of Nubian bucks are shown clean shaven just like does, mostly because alot of bloodlines of Nubians don't grow beards of any consequence. No beards allowed here. Vicki

7. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

Come to think of it....I don't think I've seen that many beards on Nubians. Maybe a tuft, but not the long flowing ones of Swiss breeds.
    LOL...I even teach my bucks to lead by their beards. Wherever that bottom jaw goes, the goat has to go or loose the jaw. :twisted Besides, I don't leave collars on my bucks. Just grab a handful of beard and he's obliged to go with me.
    Yeah, it's SUPER gross during breeding season, but so is a collar that slides up and down that neck that's being...well, you know.
    Kaye

8. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

That's funny! Angelo had a beautiful beard! very long and quite masculine I might add.. :)

9. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

I was thinking I saw a nubian buck just the other day on a members website with a real long nice beard.