Clippers

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Bethel, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Bethel

Bethel New Member

I was just thinhing of what kind of clippers Should I Buy . A Good Pair or A cheep pair . The old Saying is good aint cheep , an cheap aint good

2. Wendy Tinney

Wendy Tinney New Member

You might try doing a search for Oster, Lister or Andis on here. There are several discussions with lots of info. People on here like the Lister.

The Listers are for the whole body and the Andis for legs, udders, etc.

Wendy

3. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I love my Listers for the body clips and the maroon Andis small clipper for udders. I paid about $250 for my Listers and $125 for my Andis clipper.

Sara

4. Oster Clipmasters for bodies and Andis for udders.
    Becky

5. Bethel

Bethel New Member

Ha. Becky, Glad to here from you an I Findley got on the message board . Did you get them from Jeffers or Hoeggers ?

6. Jeffers. I think I heard they may be discontinued now though so you'll have to check.
    Listers are good too.
    Heading up to Madison for the show tomorrow:)
    Becky

7. FRW

FRW New Member

After grooming dogs for over 30 years I would say Lister's are the best for the over all body.The clear coat blade is worth its weight in gold.With this blade you can clip them and take them the the show the next day-on most goats.
    Just try it before you take them to the show, lighter colored animals look better done a week or so before.
    I also use the An dis with the detachable blades size 40 surgical(for udders0.You can get the Andis blades in ceramic and they do not get to hot as fast.So you don't have to worry about any hot spot problems with clipping the udder.