Clippers

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Patty13637, May 11, 2008.

1. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

What is everyone using ? I have a set of shearmasters for the sheep can I or is it even practical to get different blades for them?

Patty

2. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

If I had 'em, that's what I'd do!

3. Depends on what you want to do with the clippers.

I use my overhead set to get a rough clip job on the goats. It will leave about 1/4 of hair on them, I shear them just like sheep. Flip them over on their butts and go to town on them.

For showing...you can find maybe an old set of what they use to call Farm blades. It was what they used the slick shear lambs...about 1/8 on hair left on them. Or you can just buy the hair head for the clipmaster.

Ken in MO

4. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Ok was not sure if I could get different heads for them. They are brand new only used a few times.

I have been using the boys hair clippers , they will be happy I am not anymore.

Patty

5. baileybunch

baileybunch New Member

We have a set of Oster Shearmasters for the sheep but DD and I are afraid to use them on the goats after all the nicks I left on the sheep. :( I've only sheared six sheep <EVER> so far. I'm down to just a few nicks in the loose skin areas. It's still a bummer to nick one.

We use our good ol Oster A5s on the goats. No nicks!

6. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

I asked my vet about clippers and he said there was a "new kind " out,that he didn't know the name that would cut thru dirt and mud and any type of hair or fur type .... has anybody here heard about this type ? I think that would be a good type to cut goat and dog fur and also sheep :D

7. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

All of the heavy duty ones clip through anything, but you have to keep getting your blades sharpened when you cut through nasty hair. Even the new ceramic blades dull when you shave dirty goats or especially gummy sheep. Then you have to pay for shipping to and from :) Vicki