Clipper blade question

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Faithful Crown Nubians, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Does this sound like a dull blade to you?

When I try to clip my dogs hair, it doesn't clip, the hair catches in the blade and by the way Tessa moves, it pulls...

I have cleaned the blade, and the clippers. I have made sure there was enough oil to.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. Rambar Ranch

Rambar Ranch New Member

If its pulling and not cutting it most definately sounds like its time for a sharpening to me. We always sharpen ours minimum once / year as we don't clip our dogs just once a year, lol. Our goat blades though we go through several blades a year so we just do a mass sharpening once a year.

Ray

3. Madfarmer

Madfarmer New Member

Please don't think I'm insulting your intelligence, but even a lot of vet techs don't understand that you have to clip against the lay of the hair for it to work.

Tom

4. goatkid

goatkid New Member

My groomer clips with the hair on a dog, so that's how I do it as well. I clip against the hair when doing goats. Kathie

5. I go against on goats, but not dogs. I have watched grooming videos of Miniature Schnauzers so I could learn to groom my own and they are all go with the hair not against. The only time they start going against is on the head. But the back goes with the hair.

Thanks for replying. :)

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

But thanks for this post anyway....I need to get my blades sharpened! Vicki

7. Anita Martin

Anita Martin Senior Member

For once I am ahead of the game! :biggrin I sent all my blades in for sharpening after I clipped the last goat in the fall... nice fresh blades await me now! I don't even remember how that happened. Usually, I am so behind the ball. :/ Well, maybe it's a miracle. :lol
    Anita

8. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Anita I am so far behind I just this month sent in my kids from this springs registration papers :) Now to join MDGA, register my mini's, renew with ADGA and INBA........Vicki

9. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Hey don't feel bad Vicki, I am right there with you. I was getting ready to send in my renewal to ADGA and found papers that I had not sent in yet. Oh, well, at least I realized it now.
    Theresa