CL, how long?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Ashley, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

If CL was on some property about 10 years ago it shouldn't be a worry should it? We had an extra hot/dry summer last year as well.

2. goatkid

goatkid New Member

I would still suggest digging up and removing the top layer of dirt and replacing any buildings or wooden fencing the contaminated animals may have come into contact with. This is one disease I wouldn't want to take any chances with. Kathie

3. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

heehee, it's hundreds of acres, I don't know that there was CL, just know there were brush goats.

It's been at least 10 years, possibly more like 11 or 12.

4. coso

coso Guest

The places I would be worried about is old barns or out buildings that the goats might have stayed in. If it is just bare land after that long I wouldn't worry too much. :/ :nooo

5. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

I would just be taking the goats for walks on the property, they would not be staying there and wouldn't be in the barn that is on the property. My neighbor told me I was welcome to walk the goats over there, no doubt because the brush is taking over. ;) There's lot of wooded land and it would be nice, as I'm trying to get more exercise and there is lots for the goats to eat- I also walk them so they get exercise. Anyway, he used to have brush goats on it, back when we first moved here, they got out all the time because his fences are old and came to our house a few times in fact. A big ole SMELLY herd of brush goats, I mean they're must have been several bucks, because you could smell that herd. When I would drive by on the four wheeler, I would just fly by that place. yuck lol. There is a lot of wooded area I'm sure the goats never even got on . They mostly stayed up on the field I believe.

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

No I would not be worried. My goats now roam on property here that used to have CL animals on it. But...there is no barn, feeders or fenceposts from the olden days. Vicki