Cinnamon EO

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Kalne, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I have some but have never soaped it. Will it discolor and does it behave? What's good to mix with it?

2. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

by itself, with tea tree, with orange, and clove, with chocolate fragrance oil. It discolors, it may accerlerate ? I can't remember for sure Its been a while since I've done plain cinnamon

3. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

back months ago when Lillian was having her backwards bidding sale thing going on, I bought like 8 or maybe it was 16 oz of cinnamon EO, opened it the other day,and it's not cinnamon :down it's clove. :sniffle I don't like clove THAT much. She musta accidentally mislabeled it with all the sales she had going. I so wanted cinnamon. :sigh

Sheryl

4. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Oh no! I have a bottle of clove too but everytime I smell it, it reminds me of ham. I don't want soap that smells like ham. LOL

5. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Oh Sheryl Needs cinnamon

6. Caprine Beings

Caprine Beings New Member

I use cinnamon cassia eo, discolors and makes for a hot batch however raised molds and a fan helps. But I dooooo so love the scent. Tammy

7. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

I love a tiny amount of cinnamon EO and a little gr. cinnamon swirled into (not OMH scent) into a milk soap with real powdered oatmeal and a touch of honey.
    The cinnamon (leaf) from Lillian in the bottle smells almost like clove. Woody and not as sharp. Have you taken any out of the bottle? Once you get a few drops by itself the cinnamon edge comes out.

8. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

yep, used some of it in soap....still smells just like to bottle of clove eo that I have. :/

Sheryl